Initializing the Library
Like most other libraries in revIgniter, the Authentication library is initialized in your controller using the rigLoaderLoadLibrary handler:
Note: In order to use authentication, you must first create the appropriate database tables for this purpose as outlined in the Authentication Tables chapter.
Following below the features and key points of revIgniter's Authentication library:
- Highly configurable.
- Support for "hooks" to modify the inner workings of the library.
- Autonomous encryption settings independent from the core settings.
- Basic auth options (login, logout, register, change password).
- Remember me.
- Login using email address or any other data stored in the Users table (depending on config settings).
- Forgot password.
- Logging last login time and IP-address.
- Email or manual activation.
- Counting login attempts.
- Expiring forgotten password requests.
- Two-factor auth options (TOTP handling, QR code generation).