revIgniter comes with an "Auto-load" feature that permits libraries, a database, stacks, helpers, extensions, custom config files, language files and models to be initialized automatically every time the system runs. If you need certain resources globally throughout your application you should consider auto-loading them for convenience.
The following items can be loaded automatically:
- Core libraries found in the "libraries" folder
- Stacks found in the "stacks" folder
- The database library
- Helper files found in the "helpers" folder
- Extensions (LiveCode Builder libraries) found in the "extensions" folder
- Custom config files found in the "config" folder
- Language files found in the "system/language" folder
- Models found in the "models" folder
To autoload resources, open the application/config/autoload.lc file and add the item you want loaded to the gAutoload array. You'll find instructions in that file corresponding to each type of item.
Note: Do not include the file extension (.lc) when adding items to the gAutoload array.